PATIENT GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES:
1. Patients are to wait outside the clinic, maintaining physical distancing of two meters and will be allowed access to the clinic only during their scheduled appointment times. Patients can be called on their cell phones to alert them to come into the clinic. The doors will otherwise be locked.
2. Only patients will be allowed into the clinic. If someone has accompanied them, they will need to wait outside the clinic. No one will be allowed to wait in the reception area or waiting room. *Exceptions include a parent/guardian of a child or youth who is a patient, visitors of patients who require physical assistance and individuals providing essential support to a patient.
3. Patients should limit the number of items brought into the clinic to a bare minimum.
4. Patients will be screened over the phone and will be required to review and sign a specialized consent for that verifies the answer to all COVID-19 screening questions is NO.
5. Patients will have their temperature checked by staff upon arrival to the clinic and be required to use hand sanitizer on all areas of hands and wrists before being moved to treatment room.
6. Patients are encouraged to wear their own masks. If they do not have access to a mask, one will be provided to them.
7. Patients are encouraged to pay for visits using tap on their debit or credit cards, or by E-transfer.
8. Patients should avoid touching their faces during their appointments.
9. If a patient needs to cough or sneeze at any point, they are to advise the practitioner as soon as possible and direct it into a tissue or their elbow. They will be required to sanitize again.
10. Unless it is an absolute emergency, we ask that patients do not use our washroom facilities at this time.
All patients, visitors and staff must answer NO to ALL of the following questions to be permitted access into the clinic:
1. Did you have close contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness or travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
2. Have you tested positive for COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 without wearing appropriate PPE?
3. Do you have any of the following symptoms: fever, new onset of cough, worsening chronic cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell, chills, headaches, unexplained fatigue/malaise, myalgia (muscle aches), diarrhea, abdominal pain, or nausea/vomiting, pink eye (conjunctivitis), runny nose/nasal congestion without any other known cause?
4. If you are over 70 years of age, are you experiencing any of the following: delirium, unexplained or increased number of falls, acute functional decline, or worsening of chronic conditions?